Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Bois de Rose #7 Hook for sale


(sold)




more!! Hook on the left is a K, $55 (sold) that is on it's way to Brazil!

Center hook is an H (5mm) $55 (sold) 8 inches long (25cm).

Hook on right is an F $55 (sold) that was a special order for a FAT grip. Interesting eh?


Is it fair to say that Bois de Rose is the most beautiful exotic wood in the world? It might not be, since every wood is beautiful in it's own right. But it's been said about Bois de Rose. Intrigued, I've been looking for Bois de Rose wood for some time now. And I found some in Portland this past week end. In my opinion, if this isn't the most beautiful wood in the world from the color and grain figure viewpoint, I can't imagine what would be.

This wood has been enticing me for a long time now and I couldn't wait to make some of this amazing wood into a hook. And here it is. The color is just incredible. Very hard, as you would expect a rosewood to be, but I just can't get away from the color. Regal.

Bois de Rose is prized by luthiers who make very high end guitars and it's typically written up as being an instrument grade wood. So why not a crochet hook? Isn't a crochet hook an instrument, used to make beautiful things?

I have enough of this incredible wood to make several hooks, and I doubt that I'll be getting more soon,if ever, because it's so rare.

I can make two other hooks at this length. Others will be taken from a shorter piece of stock and will be a bit shorter in order to minimize waste. Ordered sizes can be from F (3.75mm) through L (8mm)

What I'm proposing is to sell this one outright, then take orders for Bois de Rose hooks from the remaining supply that I have available. These hooks will sell, depending on what is ordered, starting at $55.

This particular hook? (sold) It's a Bates size 7 (4.5mm) and is 7 1/2 inches long (almost 19cm) long. Price? $55

Ask about a custom order at:


jimbocrochetwhittler@yahoo.com

And thanks for dropping by!
Jimbo

3 comments:

badrhinogillett said...

Absolutely breathtaking!

Almightysweetness said...

I absolutely love your hooks. They are just simply amazing. You are such a talented hook maker.

Penny Auction said...

Nice one I like it.
Unique Penny Auction Online