Tuesday, July 31, 2007

It just doesn't get much better than this



What do you do up on the crick when the temperature is hovering around 100 degrees Fahrenheit? After a hard day's picking huckleberries, eating gourmet meals, fishing, and hiking picturesque landscapes? Well as you can see, Jack's got it figured out.
This was to me the capstone image of a weekend we had with DEAR friends, Jack and Lynn; Dick and Debbie, Karol and me, up on the Ranch a couple weeks ago. And I just had to take this shot of Jack relaxing in the crick... and then i couldn't resist sharing with you a little bit of the peacefulness of this place. You'll have to imagine the slight cooling breeze and the background music played by the crick. But believe me it's there. Not much better therapy that I know of.
Jack has a very stressful job, working with juveniles, trying to keep them from falling over the edge into criminal lives. He's a perfect match for this kind of work, with his uncanny ability to see good in things. And to see him relaxing here like this just, well, made my day.
I read a little story the other day, about how there's a gold telephone in the Vatican (or fill in here whatever holy place you'd prefer) where you can talk directly with God if you tithe a large part of your income. Well, here's a place where you have a direct connection, no charge, no phone.
Wishing YOU a cool and peaceful place,
Jimbo

1 comment:

Unknown said...

mmm I can smell the water, hear the water and feel the coolness of the water...

so peaceful, he's got the right idea.