Monday, June 25, 2007

CHOKECHERRY HOOK FOR BIDS BIDDING CLOSED.. TINE GETS THE HOOK!!!..... AND SPECIAL NOTE: PLEASE READ

TINE IS THE HIGH BIDDER!! ANOTHER HOOK WINGS IT'S WAY TO EUROPE!!

THANKS EVERYONE FOR BIDDING.


SPECIAL NOTE: IF YOU HAVE BEEN TRYING TO SEND ME EMAILS ON MY YAHOO ADDRESS AND HAVE NOT BEEN GETTING A RESPONSE, PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP! SOMEHOW A WHOLE BUNCH OF EMAIL ADDRESSES GOT PLACED IN MY "BLOCKED" LIST, SO EMAILS FROM THOSE INDIVIDUALS HAVEN'T BEEN COMING THROUGH. I DON'T KNOW HOW THIS HAPPENED,BUT ITS VERY FRUSTRATING!! BUT HOPEFULLY ITS FIXED NOW. SORRY FOR THE MIX UP!!
jimbo



Ok on to a much more pleasant topic.

Here's just one hook up for bids, but its a dilly!
This hook is made from a wood I just discovered. Its genuine Deadman Crick, and from what i'm pretty sure is a Chokecherry bush. Chokecherry bushes grow up by the crick and the native ruffed grouse like to roost in the bushes and eat the fruit. The little berries are very bitter..that's why they call it Chokecherry. But as you can see, the wood is just knock out beautiful. I could show you a hunnert different pictures and there'd still be things in that amazing grain that the photos would miss.
Its just fascinating to look at. But WAIT there's more! (always wanted to say that) This hook is also a very functional, smmoooooooth and durable.
Size? Its an H

So lets see your bids!
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE IS CHANGED TO THIS THURSDAY ON ACCOUNTA I JUST FOUND OUT WE GET TO GO TO THE CRICK ON FRIDAY!! WAHOO!!

Send them to me at

jimbocrochetwhittler@yahoo.com

And if you've been blocked from bidding by Yahoo in the past.. hopefully its all fixed now. Sorry again for that mess.

Thanks!!
Jimbo

BIDS:

Lisa got through!! And she bids $30
So'd JoAnn (get through) and ups the bid to $35
Tine's bid of $41 is almost
Immediately raised by Bonnie to $42
Tine bounces back with $45
Ah but DebO's taken with this hook... to the tune of $50!
Tine's back with $52

4 comments:

JoBug said...

Oh yea, well Yahoo best NOT block me, do they know the danger of a Crocheter attempting to get her hands on a Jimbo hook? Ha, I think NOT.....Yahoo has seen no wrath such as that..
as usual Jimbo that hook is outstanding!

Pink said...

That is truly gorgeous, Jimbo...if wishes were dollars....*sigh*...

angelfire said...

I love the grain in this one...but I do need to restrain myself...even though I really wanted it.

Reneva said...

Wow! This hook is gorgeous, I love the grain on it. So sorry I missed this one, I hope you do another soon. I'm sitting at my computer working on my squares for Crochetville's Travelling Hook II with Sonny's hook and thought I'd pop over here to see what was cookin'. I think I'll need a Jimbo hook of my own after using this one! I have one and a half squares done!