Wednesday, December 10, 2014

CROCHET SHOULD SMELL SO GOOD...

AUCTION'S OVER, THANKS AND BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME, PAMBO.   AND CONGRATULATIONS DOUG, YOU'RE THE HIGH BIDDER!!

A DECEMBER AUCTION FOR THIS HOOK AND MAYBE OTHERS IF I GET THE TIME

bytheway.... check out the post below for the winner of the 2014 Jimbo Crimmis Hook and click on her link.  You'll be impressed.  I promise.

Ever have a Crochet Hook that smelled good?  This one does.  In fact it smells so good that I left it unfinished so's not to cover up the "bouquet".  The wood?  It's Texas Juniper.  The smell?  Unique and a bit of heaven at least in my senses.  If you've ever smelled aromatic Cedar, like you might have in a hope chest or a cedar lined closet, well this is somewhat similar only vastly better, in my humble view.  I can smell it now as I type and it takes me back to a short vacation we had in Sedona Arizona at the "Junipine Resort".  There Junper grows tree size and folks cut it for their fireplaces.  One night I took a little walk in chilly air and the aroma of smoke from the fireplaces was just, well I can't think of adequate words. That was years ago and I'd go back in a heartbeat just to smell the juniper fireplace smoke.  Wierd  eh?  Not if you've had the experience.  Now I'm not suggesting you burn this hook.. noooo sir-e.  This a a really functional hook and the fact that it isnt coated with an aroma stifling finish doesn't really detract from it's usefulness it's as smooth as your  typical finished Jimbo hook (and that's about as smooth as they come).  So using this hook, as it works against the yarn, will act like a "scratch and sniff".  Don't scratch the hook, though.   Simple rubbing of the hook against a cloth or the yarn will release the aroma.  mmmmmmmmm
Technically, this hook is a Q (16mm).  The head and throat are shaped to make crochet with chunky yarns, and the wood is selected to make your crocheting a multi sensory joy.  It's flat afoot and will stand tall, a full 8 1/4 inches.

   Want to bid on this amazing hook?   Just email me your bids at  jimbocrochetwhittler@yahoo.com  and I'll post them as soon as I get to this keyboard.  We'll make this one run till  10pm December 17th.

   Tying bids will be resolved in favor of the first received.  I do take "Proxy" bids if you choose to do that as well but if we get a tie on highest prosy bid, resolution will again be in favor of the first received but I'll notify the lower bidder of the situation.  Bids increase by $5 minimum.
If I get time I'll edit this post to include more hooks, so please check back if a  good smellin Q isn't on your bucket list...

Bids:
Pambo is here vicariously (tis the season):  $35
Doug's here with $40!






2 comments:

Maven said...

As always, a lovely hook, Jimbo!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous; I already have a Q hook by you so will have to let this one go.