Friday, May 17, 2013

A MERE FLESH WOUND....

As you can clearly see in this photo, my lathe is toast.  It just blinked out the other night while I was making a special custom order for a very lovely and talented crochet artist with a charming Texas accent.  Thinking it was a mere lathe flesh wound, I gave it a piece of wood to bite on and proceeded to operate.  No success.   Panic stricken,  I contacted the maker in Canada and they reassured me that for mere $$$.$$, a new power head will be delivered and running in as little as two weeks.  TWO WEEKS!!!!  HOW CAN I MAKE IT TWO WHOLE WEEKS??!!   Holey Cow!
The happy side?  Yes there is one.  I do have a small stash of hook blanks waiting to be finished, so I'll do that and post them in an auction... soon, and maybe revert to my roots and hand whittle some rustic hooks as long as my hand holds out.  But my poor little lathe!!
And poor me.  What a pathetic thing, eh? 

I need some hugs.

Getting shaky here
Jimbo

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here is a big hug from Germany especially for you ;D

Sabine

Anonymous said...

Here is a big hug from Germany especially for you ;D

Sabine

Unknown said...

awww, well darlin, i happen to know that little texan accented gal is one of the most patient, understanding sweethearts there ever was.
:-)

Banana Moon Studio said...

Nooooooooooo! Sorry your lathe gave out. Hang in there!

Sighridh said...

Oh, that's so sad! A get well quickly wish for your lovely lathe from over the hill!

Chris said...

a big hug from across the pond from me and the gang ( 4 shih tzu who "help" me to crochet!!!) Hope it wasn't my request that put the jinx on the machine

Wickwax said...

A big hug for you, and another for your poor lil lathe :(. Our tools can be our friends and companions, too, sometimes! I know my Jimbo hooks are. Here's hoping both you and your buddy, lathe, are back in the saddle soon :)