Monday, November 15, 2010

HOOK AUCTION!!



Another Bonnie Pierce autographed Bambullion hook is up for bids. These hooks are being auctioned to help fund the Crochet Liberation Front Retreat (CLF) 2011. ALL money raised in this auction will go into the CLF coffers.

Tha Bambullion hook is a form of my venerable "Chophooks" and has a rectangular cross-section that calculates to about a K sizewise. It has a special head shaped for making bullions. The Bullion piece you see is included and was made by Bonnie with one of these hooks!

The hook below is very special too. It's made from Red Huckleberry. I'd almost wager that Red Huckleberry has never before been used to make crochet hooks but it's an AMAZINGLY good wood for the purpose. This wood was given to me by Dennis, a VERY talented wood carver, at the 2010 CLF retreat, and was harvested, I think, in Oregon.
It's an H (5mm) and has just a bit of the bark left on an indentation that I've used for the thumb rest. A VERY unique hook and it's also up for auction to support the 2011 CLF Retreat.

To new bidders: I try to post bids as they come in. I'll not be here ALL the time... so if your bid doesn't show up right away, not to worry. Your bids will be posted as soon as I'm able to get to them. Identical bids are entered by first bid posted, so if your bid is the same as another, I'll go by which ever one mailed. Also please increase bids by $5 minimum. email bids, if you like, to me at


jimbocrochetwhittler@yahoo.com

And if you don't win this auction, don't despair. I have more Bonnie signed hooks and a couple more of her exemplary bullions too for later auctions designed to help fund the retreat.

Lets give this auction 10 days and end it on Nov. 25 at 10pm Pacific Time.

Thanks for dropping by!

Bids:
Bambullion:

Red Huckleberry H:
Amy starts us off at $25

No comments: