Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Knooking for FARA, and a couple beauty hooks for bids.. Auction is over but chopknooks are still orderable


OK to click and enlarge image

So I've mentioned Knooking before eh? Its a cross between crochet and knitting and the term was coined "Knooking" by PIXJEN and her youtube video is an excellent tutorial on how to knook. Check it out at

knooking

You see the very nice artwork in the background? Look like knitting?? Nope, it's Knooking, done by my good friend Leann... AND she did that with a Chopknook just like you see in the photo. I've decided to start making and selling Chopknooks to raise funds for FARA (Friedreich's Ataxia Research Alliance), Along with Chophooks and Chophook versions of the pointy "HOOKAWL" that you see a couple posts below this one. Want a Chopknook? Simply make a donation that is a MINIMUM (pleasedonate more because "Chopknooks", and I'm whining here, take alot of time to make). The regular chophooks and HookAwls I'll do also with a minimum $10 donation. To buy one, please email me of your order, then make your donation by clicking on the "make a donation" button in the left column here.
What is Friedreich's Ataxia? Well just get a hanky and click on this link..

FARA

Why isn't this hideous condition at the top of the research agenda? Its rare. But can these kids be denied hope because their condition is rare?

Donations are the primary source for research funding, and a cure is just around the corner. Your order and donation WILL have an effect! Chophooks and Chopknooks and ChopHookAwls are all made in the same approximate size.. K.

Ok, off my soapbox and on to the auction:

We have two beauties up for bids. The top one, just below the Chopknook is the very first ever Tiger Wood hook. Yup, it REALLY is Tiger Wood. This hook will mess around on you! Ha just kidding. Tiger wood is a hardwood that's really beautiful up close and is named because the grain somehow resembles the fur of Tigers. It's a hard, strong wood and fairly lightweight. It's an F (3.75mm) and 7 1/4 inches, or18.4cm long.

Next up is another Zircote beauty. The photo speaks for itself. Its just plain beautiful dark DARK wood that's soooooo smooth. Just ask other Jimbo Zircote owners!
Anyways this one is an I, and it's 7 3/4 inches or 19.7cm long.

Lets end this one Monday night at 10pm Pacific Time on March 1.

To new bidders: I try to post bids as they come in. I'll not be here ALL the time... so if your bid doesn't show up right away, not to worry. Your bid will be posted as soon as I'm able to get to them. Identical bids are entered by first to post so if your bid is the same as another, I'll go by which ever one was posted first. Also please increase bids by $5 minimum. email bids, if you like, to me at


jimbocrochetwhittler@yahoo.com

Here we go!

Bids:

Tiger Wood F:
Kimberly 2 (we have two Kimberlys bidding!) $20
Lori takes it to $25
Karen goes to $30
Beth jumps in with $35
Kathy says $40
Beth bumps it to $45








Zircote I:
Kimberly goes $20
Kimberly 2 goes to $25
Beth from OZ is here with $30
E Egan takes it to $35
Beth bumps it to $30

1 comment:

angelfire said...

these are beautiful hooks, I would love to bid and even love the knooking hook. I am headed home, maybe I will get it done tonight