Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Oklahoma Tornado Benefit Hook Auction is over! More to come, please stay tuned!

   ALERT!  This auction is set to end at 10am this morning (Pacific time)

$ RAISED FROM THIS AUCTION GO 100% TO HELP VICTIMS OF THE OKLAHOMA TORNADO..


  A little while back I received an email from a very talented Crochet Designer, April Garwood  (http://bananamoonstudio.blogspot.com/ ), who happens to live in Oklahoma just a few miles from some of the devastation left by the tornado we've all heard about.  April had an idea to use wood from a tree that was also a victim of the Tornado, in commemorative crochet hooks.  What a great idea!  So what happened is April's husband who was out helping with the clean up effort, collected three pieces of a Pecan tree that was destroyed by the winds.  April sent them to me, and we concocted the idea of running an auction on crochet hooks made from the Tornado Pecan.  This is one of the Hooks.

  We'll run an auction on the Relief hook and donate ALL the proceeds to the relief effort.  April's found several local direct relief funds for me that make full use of contributions to help the recovery effort (I have a problem with large percentages of "charitable" donations going into administrator's and advertiser pockets).

  So lets start bidding on this VERY special hook for a VERY special cause!
Technically, the hook is an I (5.5mm) and is 8 inches long.  The heel of the hook is hand lettered "2013 OK. Tornado  I  Jimbo". 

  I'll be doing two or three more of these hooks, followed by whatever else I can make from the Tornado Pecan pieces until there's no more wood to turn, and hope to make a nice donation from the proceeds with your help, so please bid high!

  We'll make the auction short, ending this Friday morning, June 14th at 9am Pacific time.  Please increase bids by $5 minimum and agree that tying bids will be settled in favor of the first bid received.  I'm not at my computer round the clock but will try to post bids as they come in.

  Please e-mail your bids to me at jimbocrochetwhittler@yahoo.com

My thanks to April for such a great idea!  This is such a fun way to help with the relief effort!

Jimbo

Bids:
Carla starts us off with $35
Kate's here with $50
Jane's in with $55
Kathy goes $60

1 comment:

Carla63 said...

I too live just south of the tornado area in Oklahoma. I would love to have this hook. I'm 68 years old and my mother taught me to crochet when I was five years old. That's a lot of crocheting believe me. Wonderful give away.