Thursday, June 12, 2014

I'm ALIVE!!!


Please forgive me for not posting for so long.  Lots of new things have been happening, mainly health wise, that have made a slow old whittler even slower.  Shingles and angioplasty, is enough to say without boring you and getting too much into "poor Jimbo" self pity.  But I do have to give HUGE thanks to my family, friends, and to the amazingly caring staff at Sacred Heart hospital here in Spokane.
So I'm back and as soon as they let me, (probably by early next week) I'm going to re-dedicate myself to making heirloom quality crochet hooks for auction here in the blog.  I really appreciate you guys hanging in with me.  I mean afterall it's really been a LONG time since I posted anything, let alone started a hook auction.  I intend to remedy that.
Grateful for your patience,
Jimbo
Oh and a HUGE PS...... If you've an interest, check out page 9 of the 2014 Summer issue of Interweave Crochet!  I'm honored to have such a prestigious publication recognize Jimbo  hooks.

8 comments:

Claire said...

Glad to hear you are still with us, and I hope you are feeling better now. Looking forward to seeing the crochet hooks again and, hopefully, perhaps some bowls?

Sherri said...

You have been missed! Welcome back! Be blessed with Gods grace and healing.

Sandie said...

So sorry for your recent health challenges! Hope you're feeling much better and back to whatever passes for normal at your house!

Boocoos said...

Good Jim,
This is a joy filled comment for me. I was really was beginning to believe you had given up. I am so relieved to hear that you are still kicking! Yippee! This is so uplifting for me. Thank you for everything you have done for me and I hope our friendship lasts for decades to come.
I have really missed you.
Boocoos

rmb said...

I was turned on to your awesome work by the very feature you mentioned in your last post. I will anxiously await new hooks and also wanted to know if you do custom orders. Please let me know...my email is rachb48@gmail.com. Here's to your health and many more good days to come!

Parearau said...

Your hooks are indeed beautiful! Where can I buy one (or 6?)

Unknown said...

So glad you are back among us!!

AngelRoseLite said...

How terrible that you were so unwell! I'm glad you're home and on the mend. Congratulations on having "our" hook featured on Interweave Crochet! They were great to deal with, and my baby came back to me as beautiful as when I sent her. I like the way they photographed the hook. Continue to feel better. Wishing you all the best :)