Tuesday, April 12, 2011

7.5 MM Deadman Crick Bush Maple (SOLD)... just showing off others


There's really only one hook here that's for sale. The others are already spoken for, but I just wanted to show you that I've not been slacking.. just filling custom orders.
So which of these beauties is for sale? The one on the far right. I made this hook in response to some discussion about the lack of a hook size between a K and an L. Actually there is quite a gap between manufactured hook sizes there, so I thought I'd make a 7.5mm size and see if there's an interest. Its made from genuine Deadman Crick Bush Maple, cut not 50 yards from our cabin from a dead branch. Beautiful BEAUTIFUL wood, Deadman Crick Bush Maple, and not just because I'm biased. It's a truly chatoyant wood that is sure to entertain you in bright light. And speaking of light, even at 7.5 mm with a generous grip, this hook fairly floats. 7 3/4 inches of purty.
Price: $35 (buy by emailing me at jimbocrochetwhittler@yahoo.com

And the others just for your viewing pleasure are to the left of the Genuine Deadman Crick Bush Maple hook. The jet black hook is going to a very talented crochet designer and instructor. It's a J and made of Gabon Ebony. Next over is a Jobillo H that's going with a set of Boye thread hooks to another very talented crocheter. And the furthest left hook is one done in the old Jimbo style (I can still do those if you like, but I'd need orders in advance). This hook is made of beautiful Panamanian Cocobolo.

I've been working hard at the Ranch lately, cutting slash left from a timeber sale directly north of us. Lots of firewood. More than enough to keep our cabin warm for years to come... but I need to get it cut, split and stacked asap, so I've been a little slow with the hook making. I'll try to make it up to you soon.

Thinkin maybe its high time for a contest.....

Have a great day!!
Jimbo

1 comment:

Ana Paula said...

Hi Jimbo,

they are so beautiful, congratulation!

Ana Paula
Salinha do Croché