Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I WON!!! I WON!!! THANKS TO ALL WHO VOTED FOR ME!!






Thanks to everyone who voted for me, I won this year's Flamie Award in the catagory of "Best Independent Hook Maker of 2009" by the Crochet Liberation Front in Ravelry (the CLF is a crochet forum with over 5000 members world wide). Its a VERY real honor, especially given the other nominees are VERY accomplished hook makers.
The night of the award event, there was a podcast ("Getting Loopy") where the winners in all the catagories were interviewed by the hostess, Mary Beth Temple. Now that was a bit scairy, but fun.
Anyways, I want to thank everyone again who voted for me!
Oh and Biff DID get an extra treat for running the campaign.

Grateful
Jimbo

5 comments:

cshell said...

Congrats! You deserve it. With those wonderful hooks AND Biff, how could you lose.

badrhinogillett said...

Congratulations! Nice to have them confirm what all of us already know- your hooks are the best!

Alesha said...

was there any doubt?!?! Congrats!!!

Esther the CSer said...

Congratulations!!!

~Alesha~ said...

Congratulations, Jimbo. Your hooks are lovely.