Monday, January 25, 2010

Exotic F and G Auction is OVER!

It's 6pm! Beth and Kate are high bidders!! Thanks to all bidders. Another auction coming soon!! Got a really interesting hook coming. Stay tuned!
Have a great week-end!
Jimbo




(click image to enlarge)

Here are two hooks made of some if not THE most beautiful wood in the world. The top hook is a G (4mm) and is made of Cambodian Flamewood. You can see how the wood got it's name. Hard and dense, it has indescribably beautiful grain color, deep and rich. The picture is good but the hook is even better. It's 7 1/2 inches (19cm) of utter beauty.

The bottom hook is made of Panamanian Cocobolo, one that I've made before but is still very near the tops in grain beauty. I did this one in an F (3.75mm), the smallest hook in my range. And the grain again speaks for itself. This one is 7 inches(17.8cm)

Tried to come up with more to say but I think the hooks speak very well for themselves.

Lets make this another short auction and close at 6pm on Friday, Jan. 29 Pacific Time.

To new bidders: I try to post bids as they come in. I'll not be here ALL the time... so if your bid doesn't show up right away, not to worry. Your bid will be posted as soon as I'm able to get to them. Identical bids are entered by first to post so if your bid is the same as another, I'll go by which ever one was posted first. Also please increase bids by $5 minimum. email bids, if you like, to me at


jimbocrochetwhittler@yahoo.com

Here we go!

Bids:

Flamewood G:
Shannon says $25
Beth goes to $30
Kate and Bonnie tie at $35 but
Nicole bumps it up to $40
and Beth raises to $45

Cocobolo F:
Kate's in with $25
Shannon goes to $30
Kate's back with $35
Beth takes it to $40
Bonnie and Kate again with a tie at $45 but
Beth breaks the tie and goes to $50
Kate with $55


And thanks for dropping by! Stay awhile, kick your shoes off...have a stroll through the archives.


Jimbo

1 comment:

angelfire said...

My goodness those are so beautiful, they make my heart ache. I love your art, you always continue to amaze me.