Wednesday, November 04, 2009

AUCTION IS OVER, BUT THERE'S MORE COMING!

HIGH BIDDERS PLEASE CONSIDER USING PAYPAL BY CLICKING ON THE "MAKE A DONATION" BUTTON IN THE LEFT MARGIN OF THIS BLOG PAGE. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PAY ANOTHER WAY, PLEASE EMAIL ME AND WE'LL FIGURE IT OUT.
THANKS TO ALL BIDDERS!!
JIMBO






Sorry it's taken so long to put some hooks up for bids. No really good excuses, but the Portland trip did take a bit of time and stuff here has been catching up to me.. and such... lame excuses. I know.

So these hooks are pictured against a backdrop of leaves that I need to rake. Already did that once, and they're back again. Ah but it gets me out in the crisp air and it's good exercise. Yeah that's it.. keep telling yourself that, Jimbo.

Ok ok.. to the hooks. These are four hooks that are ALL really pretty!

Starting from left to right, the first hook is made of a South American Rosewood (can't remember which country). It has rich deep reddish brown colors that are reminiscent of old mahogany, but the grain is much tighter and dense. It's an F (3.5mm) and is 17.15cm (6 3/4 inches) long.

Next up is a beautiful Redheart hook. I love the color of Redheart. Amazing that a wood can be naturally so red! Anyways, this beauty speaks for itself.. all's I really need do is tell you that it's a G (4mm) and is a wee bit shorter than the Rosewood hook... about 6 5/8 inches (16.83cm) long.

Number three is an ornamental Crabapple beauty with wildly contrasting grain, cream on one side, and a golden brown spike on the other. Pretty, feather light, and functional. It's an H (5mm) and is 6 1/2 inches (16.51cm) long.

Last but FAR from least is a new wood for me. German Pear! My son Lance got this for me at a hardwood importer in Portland, as a gift. Its beautiful wood and really nice to work with.. very tight grain and pretty varigated colors that you have to see to appreciate. I didn't put a thumb flat on this one but will if the high bidder prefers, no charge. Its a J (6mm) and is 7 3/8 inches (18.73cm) long.


So.. to the bidding...

As usual, you can email bids with $5.00 raise minimums please, to me at:

jimbocrochetwhittler@yahoo.com

To new bidders: I try to post bids as they come in. I'm not here ALL the time though so if your bid doesn't show up right away, not to worry. Your bid will be posted as soon as Jimboly possible. Identical bids are entered by the time posted so if your bid is the same as another, I'll go by which ever one was posted first.

We'll run this auction up until Monday, 10pm Pacific Time, Nov. 9.

Thanks for your patience!!
Jimbo
now I better go rake leaves, eh?

Bids:

Rosewood F: Bonnie goes $15
Diane bumps it up to $25
Robin says $30

Redheart G: Bonnie here with $20
Diane goes to $25
Shannon takes it to $30
Adam raises it to $35

Ornamental Crab H: Janet again with $10
Bonnie again with $15
Nicole goes to $25

German Pear J: Janet goes $10
Bonnie AGAIN $15
Becky bids $25

1 comment:

badrhinogillett said...

Oh, Jimbo- those are beauties! I know what I want for Christmas - and it isnt' my two front teeth!