Monday, December 08, 2008

What I've been up to.... a porch on the side




Forgive me blog, for I have not posted for several weeks!! But as you can see, I've been busy. Went up to the Crick and built a lean-to (a 4 x 24 foot extension of the roof) on the side of the house to cover the wood pile. The new little roof works soooo well to keep the firewood and us dry. So we can go out the side door, pick up an armload of wood and stay dry! All made with hook funds!! Quite a project for several days even with excellent help from my son Lance, his buddy (and a more than fair carpenter) Mark, and Moose. Had a great time. Far from a perfect job, but not too bad for a hook whittler. But it works!!
Great to have wood handy for a nice toasty fire on cold nights up on the Ranch.

Thanksgiving also took up some time with cooking and entertaining and such. All great times with friends and relatives..... but not much in the way of hook making eh?

And then...... something completely different (next post coming shortly)

Thanks for not giving up on me!! I promise hooks soon.

Jimbo

No comments: